1956 – 1965
After being forced to cope with the rapid growth of the company by leasing commercial premises twice in the 50s, JPF finally could move into the first company-owned property in the year 1956. Unfortunately, it was not granted to the founder Julius Pfisterer to live to see this relocation. Shortly before, he passed away at the age of 66 years only.
Through the extension of a housing and administration building, the entire company was again reunited in one single place in 1960. With Oskar Pfisterer’s daughter Brigitte, the 3rd generation joined the company in 1965. She took over the commercial administration of the enterprise.
End of the 60s, the recession in Pforzheim’s clock and watch industry became apparent. Cheap clock cases, imports from the Far East as well as the launch of the first electric quartz crystal controlled watches onto the German clock and watch market caused significant decline in sales in the Pforzheim region.